Delicious! I used it as a main dish salad and so diced a few grilled chicken breasts and added it in.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix or half of a good size cabbage, diced
- 1/4 c. Mexicorn, drained (I didn't have this and so just used a can of whole kernel corn)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Mix in a large bowl.
- 3/4 c. ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Combine and pour over coleslaw, toss to coat. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Now I also have to tell you my recipe for the best ranch dressing. Actually, it is from my step-mother - something I always enjoyed as a child and I finally asked what she does to make it so good. Start with the Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Mix (the nice little packet) and use REAL buttermilk and Best Foods Mayonnaise. I don't know why, but other mayonnaise brands that I have tried with this just never taste the same or quite as good. Maybe it's tied to the whole childhood memories things and familiarity or whatever, but it really does make the best tasting ranch dressing.